Red Dwarf

Classic BBC sitcom about the last human being alive, his dead bunkmate and their companions (an evolved cat, a computer of debateable intelligence and a downtrodden android). Series 1-6 are completely brilliant, Series 7 is hit and miss with more misses than hits, Series 8 contains exactly one good joke and the recent mini-series was... interesting. My first ever full post on the blog was on Red Dwarf, so I think it deserves its own page!

Meltdown (4.6)
The Inquisitor (5.2)
Psirens (6.1)
Rimmerworld (6.5)
Lemons (10.3)

Comments

  1. One Of The Funniest British TV Shows I've Ever Seen! The Android Character Was The Best In The Show. I Always Looked Forward To Watching This Show Late At Night Before Turning In. It Would Be Nice To See Some Reruns!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Stumbled across your blog quite by accident (was trying to find a reference for "Beware of Trojans, they're complete smegheads") and am rather enjoying it! I'd be intrigued to hear which joke in Series 8 you think is the "one good one", as I don't remember there being *any* ;)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! :)

      I absolutely love the moment where Death comes for Rimmer and he snaps 'only the good die young' and knees Death in the balls. It was almost worth sitting through Series 8 for!

      Delete

Post a Comment