Horrible Histories: Crazy Caligula

I've just acquired a positively frightening amount of work to do by next Tuesday, covering for someone, so I'm afraid I'll have to take a little unplanned break from blogging for a few days! In the meantime, I thought y'all might enjoy this video from the Horrible Histories TV series, which I blogged about a while back.


The interesting thing about this video is the selection of bits of information about Caligula that can be presented to children, since quite a lot of his reign would have to have a 15 rating! It's worth noting that when the video says 'True' it actually means 'found in Suetonius' - this is not, in fact, quite the same thing as 'true'. It's real gossip - whether it's real fact or not is quite another matter! (and the whole horse-consul business inevitably comes up again). I should also add that this is not the real Josephus, he worked with Vespasian.

Comments